Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You Can't Handle the Truth!

I didn't think anyone would believe me if I told them how messy our house is right now so I decided to prove it. Jeremy is in the middle of re-doing our stairs and it has turned into quite a project. He has been working on it since Saturday evening (almost immediately after walking in the door from an 8 hour trip from Louisiana) and he spent all day Monday and Tuesday on it. To make matters worse, when the girls get home from school, they feel free to frolic around the house and make as big a mess as possible while Jeremy is quite understandably distracted with the stair project.

I am not even close to having the house ready for decorating for Christmas, and this coming weekend will be just as busy as last weekend. I feel like it's all I can do to try to make sure everyone has clean clothes to wear each day. I am so jealous reading everyone's Christmas-y posts. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is temporary, and when it is done I will have wonderful new stairs that hopefully will not scare our guests when they try to walk down them :). And really, please don't misunderstand me. I am not complaining AT ALL about Jeremy doing this project. I have been wanting to get it done forever and we finally collected enough gift cards to Lowe's to get started :). I am so thankful to have 1) a super-handyman husband and 2) a husband who gets to household projects as quickly as humanly possible. What a guy! My whining just has to do with wanting my house to be clean and life being too busy to do anything about it.

I will post pictures of the stairs when Jeremy is done with them. And, Kim's post reminded me, at least going to church on Sunday will help me start celebrating the Advent season even if my house is not decorated yet.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

See if Kim knows anyone who can come clean your house for you ;) hee hee. I love your post. Not only because you were real enough to post those pictures but mostly because you are SOOOOO kind that you had to make sure that no one thought you were dogging Jeremy. You're awesome. So is Jeremy.He can do all sorts of miscellaneous projects.

Kim said...

We just threw away our Halloween pumpkins on Thursday. Don't feel bad. Your husband is Mr. Fix-it and that is the greatest. I love being married to one.
I love that you posted pictures of your messy house. Somehow it's encouraging to me to know other people are human.

-C said...

Smile. That looks great considering some of my friends' houses I've been in lately. :) I just noticed the paint stripes to test out the colors. Very festive for the season?! :)