Monday, November 5, 2007

Don't You Just Love Mornings?


I thought I would give you a taste of our normal morning routine. I thought about filming Harper Lee crying as she thudded down the stairs this morning, but I opted for a picture instead.

Here you see a fairly typical breakfast table. Harper Lee and Olivia both put their blankets over their heads some mornings so as to avoid talking to us, or anyone. Olivia is the only one who went for the blanket option this morning. (She is actually much more of a morning person than Harper Lee, but it still takes her a while to wake up for school.) Harper Lee is pictured here with her normal morning smile.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is hilarious. We are bouncy morning people at our house and would annoy the crap out of people at your house.

Virginia said...

I swear to you- Em & Harper are two peas in a pod. I just LOVE her morning attitude. ;)

(Like the blanket over the head idea... I'll have to give that one a go myself.)

Michelle said...

LOL!! I want to sing them a REALLY happy morning song my mom always sang to us.

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning to you all! The cows are in the pasture. The horse in in the stall...

Do you think that would make them hate me? Cuase I think that's the point of the song.

Shan Herren said...

i thought i was not a morning person until i saw this shot of harper... looks like another whiney butt table to me. Good Morning, Sunshine!

Abbey said...

This is the funniest!! Me & Wilson are the morning grumos in our house. I totally get this!!