Sunday, March 2, 2008

Storm Victims

I have started calling myself a storm victim, partially as a joke, but also because I have been overwhelmed with the number of friends and family who have offered to help us after we were affected by a "small" tornado in the wee hours of last Tuesday morning.

I am so thankful for God's protection. I don't think I have ever realized so clearly that I have zero control over most of what happens to me and my family. Sometimes it's easy for me to convince myself that I am the one in charge of my life and that I can protect the girls from danger. The tornado was definitely a loud and clear reminder that I am not the one in control!!! The fact that God saw fit to bring us through the storm with relatively little damage to our home and no injuries was definite cause to stop and give thanks. Now that I say that, it sounds like an understatement. I don't know how else to put it, though. We truly are thankful for God's mercy. In fact, that's really all I could think about during the storm, was to ask God for mercy. And, I am so thankful that He chose to answer that prayer.

I think most of you have seen our pictures, but just in case you haven't, here are a few. (I also added a few new pictures.)

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea that you guys were affected! I am so sorry. Is there anything we can help do?? Was anyone injured in your area?

-C said...

Again, thankful that you guys were spared huge damage or loss. Still praying for ease in insurance/repair issues.

Beth said...

Wow, guys! I am glad you and your property are okay! I'd heard there was a possible tornado there in town, but hadn't seen any photos like this!