Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another House Update

Yesterday my sister and my mom took the girls to look for dresses for the girls to wear to Jana's wedding. Jeremy and I had a hard time deciding what project on our to-do list would be the best one to work on during our "kid-free" time. We finally decided to cut a hole in the living room wall just to see if it would be possible to remove the fireplace wall sheet rock and leave it the tongue and groove board exposed. We were afraid there might have been too much repair to be done for this to work. We were going to move on to some outside work after that, but we should have known, once you start something like that, you just have to finish it. (Or, rather, your husband has to finish it.) :)









I was really excited about the results. Jeremy was, too, and especially excited that there is zero repair work to be done. Now, all "we" have to do is remove the remnants of wallpaper and decide whether or not "we" want to paint it!

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my gosh! You guys are amazing to just "do" projects like that. It looks so cool. I love the contrast in textures and how the windows and fireplace look against that wall. That is so neat.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! It looks so good you guys! I could not even picture that. Maybe I should come see it in person just to see it with my own eyes ;)

Kim said...

Wow! I want to come to your house and see it!

Shan Herren said...

Holy Cow, y'all! Isn't that amazing that that beautiful wood was being covered up??? I started to say "don't paint", but then I started picturing it all kinds of colors... Good job, J! You deserve a few long necks for this one!

Renee said...

Wow, that looks great! We worked for a couple of years on our condo so I how time-consuming and problematic it can be. But you guys have a great house and it's going to be beautiful.