Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Trip

Last Thursday we went to New Orleans to see our friends Doug and Crystal Daspit. The main purpose of the trip was for Jeremy and Doug to go to the LSU / Auburn game on Saturday. But, the girls were out of school Friday through today so we thought we would make a fun weekend of it. We stayed with Doug's mom Thursday and Friday night, who lives less than a mile from Doug and Crystal and graciously offered us her two extra rooms (although the girls ended up on the floor in the same room with us :)).

On Friday, we had a real treat, because Doug took off work and we all got to hang out together. We visited the Louisiana Children's Museum. It was the girls' second trip, but with it being a weekday, there was hardly anyone there. They loved getting a chance at all the exhibits, without having to wait for a turn. I have to admit I loved the "uncrowdedness" myself!



On Saturday, I took the girls to Henderson to see Jeremy's family. We had a wonderful visit. The weather was gorgeous and we sat outside and chatted and sat some more. It was great, and so, so relaxing. Too relaxing, in fact. I don't have a single picture of the girls playing with their cousins, which is terrible. They all get along so well. I cannot get over how little arguing and bickering there is when they all get together. I have to get some good pictures of them all playing together at Thanksgiving to make up for my lack of pics this weekend. I just couldn't make myself get up out of that chair . . .

We were all worn out Sunday (after a very stressful LSU game Saturday night), so I planned on letting the girls sleep in and making a leisurely trip back to New Orleans (with a stop at a neat looking outlet mall on the way). However, Jeremy called me at 9:30 and said that he and I could go to the Saints game FOR FREE if I could get back to New Orleans in time. The game started at 12:00, which did not leave much time, but as a lifelong Saints fan I was not about to let this opportunity pass me by. I almost literally threw the girls in the car with some breakfast and I hopped on the road. I met Jeremy at Doug and Crystal's and we got to the game as quickly as we could. We only missed half of the first quarter and it was SO MUCH FUN! It felt unreal, and now I still can't believe that I was there. The seats were amazing.


It was a huge surprise and a really fun way to end the weekend!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great pics of the girls! What a fun time. I haven't been to New Orleans in a LONG time.