Monday, October 29, 2007

The Great Pumpkins

Yesterday we created this year's batch of jack-o-lanterns at my mom's house. We have a tradition of doing this every year with my little brother. For the past five or six years now, we also have roasted the pumpkin seeds. This year, Olivia really got into it. She loved the whole process. Actually, she and Harper Lee both were real troopers when it came to cleaning out their pumpkins. They both worked really hard on that. HL picked out a really intricate pattern, but William came to her rescue and so in the end, both jack-o-lanterns turned out really cute.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh man! That looks like so much fun! I am really impressed by the pumpkins- very cool. I can't wait to do that with our kiddos! :)

Oh and I love that scary pic of you with the knife. hehe

-C said...

How fun! :) I think we're going to wait a couple years to do this ... I like the idea of them cleaning out all that goo on their own. :) I love how intent Liv was.