Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wisdom from Harper and Liv-o

We have had a lot going on lately. Mostly, we have been sick. But, sprinkled in amongst all the snot and sick days there have been some really funny and sweet moments.

Liv came up with a new swear word. She likes to exclaim "Holy Mercy!" when she is impressed with something.

I often think that stories about Harper Lee are lost in translation because her facial expressions are so hard to explain. The first night that we had the Wii game "Dance Dance Revolution" in our house (much, much more on that later) the narrating voice all the game sang out "dance all night," and Harper said almost reverently, "I sure wish I could." Liv, on the other hand, gets extremely, and I do mean, extremely, irate at the narrator for insulting her and especially her dad's dancing ability. She screams at Jeremy, "He doesn't even know you!! He doesn't know anything about you!"

The other day Liv was sitting in the living room and told Jeremy, "The living room looks different." And then, in a voice of wonder, "It's clean or something."

Harper made us an "anivshery" card. She illustrated the poem, "Jeremy and Christa, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G." She "mailed" it to us by putting it in the mailbox.

Liv expressed our desire for spring the other day when she found some scraggly dandelions in the yard. She picked them and exclaimed, "Welcome to the earth!"

3 comments:

-C said...

Oh, my! I can just imagine all those pieces of conversation ... I love Liv defending Dad's dance moves. She is too much ... fun!

Abbey said...

That's awesome, girl. What a great post.

Anonymous said...

I love those quotes!