Sunday, January 6, 2008

Plagiarized Blog Entry

I was going to re-write the story of this picture, but then I thought, "Hey, my sister sent me this photo, and she worded the story behind it so well, why not rip the whole thing off instead of just the pic?"

So, here you are . . .



"My little brother, William, has a "friend"(right now, this is all he refers to her as) that taught him how to knit. He didn't have any knitting needles so he found some scrap dowels in Dad's workshop and used Dad's grinder to make him to knitting needles. He then took his money and went to our local craft store and bought yarn. He knitted Harper Lee, Olivia, Avery, and me each a scarf for Christmas. I had no idea. He somehow managed to do all of this without me knowing and I was so surprised on Christmas when I opened the present from him that he even wrapped himself. He even made each of the scarves size appropriate with Avery's being no more then 2 feet long. I have attached a picture of all of us with our scarves. It's a little dark... sorry, but I think you can at least see some of them. He used this fury yarn material and so I think they kind of resemble caterpillars. Anyway, I love it. One of my most favorite Christmas presents to date."

I do have to add to Jana's story that William also got me my favorite Christmas present this year. He found an edition of Many Waters by Madeline L'Engle that I had been looking for, but had been unable to find. What made it such a cool gift was that it wasn't even on my list. He just heard me talking about it and took it upon himself to find. Really I think my favorite present last year, too, was from William - a book light that, again, I hadn't thought to ask for, and yet I have used innumerable times. The funny thing is, we always tease him about being spoiled because he is so much younger than the rest of us siblings, but he is the sweetest little brother imaginable. Thanks for being such an awesome guy, William. I am so proud of how you are growing up.


(yes, his shirt does read "I fart in your general direction." I said growing up, not grown up.


3 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh my goodness... what a sweet little dude. And I am again majorly impressed by the fact that he MADE his own freaking knitting needles. What a dude.

Abbey said...

He's quite the talented one! How old is he?
And I love the shirt, btw. It's awesome.

Renee said...

Wow, that is the sweetest thing... If one of my brother's did that for me it would be my favorite present too!