Monday, January 14, 2008

For Those of You Playing Along at Home . . .

The Soileau home renovations took two steps forward and one step back this week. I don't have pictures of the repaired fence, but I will soon. Jeremy is almost done with it and it looks spectacular! I am SOOOOO excited!

The project that I posted about a while back that I thought would be simple but has turned out to be quite the headache for Jeremy was the stairs. We have had many setbacks on this one, including Jeremy having to pull down all the sheet rock surrounding the stairs and put up crown molding. Now, you might be tempted to think that after we painstakingly selected the perfect red for the stairs, and got the expert advice of the helpful guys at Benjamin Moore, and Jeremy primed the stairs according to direction, and Jeremy painted the stairs Friday afternoon, and the entire family camped out downstairs all weekend, and one coat of paint covered the stairs perfectly, that we are just about to say we are done with this particular project. But, if you thought that, you would be leaving out one simple thing: oil-based paint on stairs is about the slickest surface you could think of! When we walked on the stairs for the first time last night, we found out very quickly that they were not for the faint of heart. Trust me, if you hit the first step in sock feet and you would find yourself in a world of hurt. So, for poor Jeremy, this project goes on. He has to add a floor additive to the paint and . . . paint them again!!! Sorry, sweetheart. Thanks for all you do - you are the best!

3 comments:

quinn said...

Wow! That looks amazing. I cannot wait to see the finished product. you guys have such a great party house. I know Jeremy is going to make it look incredible.

Michelle said...

I feel SO sorry for him. Tell him I said, "AWWW POOR BABY!!" but make sure he knows that I genuinely mean it with all sincerity. Well, a year from now it'll just be an annoying memory. In the meantime, CHEERS to falling down the stairs!

Abbey said...

They do look amazing though! Could you just get some funky carpet to go up the middle? That might be fun...?