Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me! (and Sam Daspit)

Well, about the only wish I didn't get for my birthday this year was for Sabriel to be born today -- actually there are still a few hours left if Virginia will hurry up!! ;)

I had a great day. I should have taken more pictures.

Actually, my birthday started Sunday. My mom had a birthday party for me and fixed my favorite cake, Hummingbird Cake. If you've never had it, think of pumped up banana nut bread with cream cheese icing. mmmmmmm, good! And, I got a great robe from my sister (how did she know my old one was looking so sad?) My family got me so beautiful holiday dishes. I tried to get a good picture of them, but to no avail. I'll have to get the table all set and try again. I love them!!!!

Today, I . . .




. . . got a new 'do! Don't worry, Kari Ann - I had to use my gift certificate to the spa. I am a Kari Ann customer for life :).


I got to shop with my Mom and then she took me, my sister, and Jeremy to lunch. It was delicious and I had a blast hanging out with them. I don't usually get to just sit and chat with them without the girls around (pesky grandchildren get all the attention!!!).

Jeremy and the girls gave me . . .



. . . desperately needed new shoes! Virginia - hope you don't mind me copying your footwear!

Jeremy's family gave me my favorite things, a great CD and a gift card to Lowe's!

We also got to go to Olivia's Christmas program, which of course was wonderful. The kids all did great. Of course, Olivia was the best!
Here is a short clip. The girl with a white bow in her hair almost directly in front of Olivia is Kaela, and the girl with the beautiful blonde hair in front of Kaela is Donna. Olivia, Kaela, and Donna are really good friends. They are the two we hear the most about at home.




And, the biggest surprise of the day would have to be Jeremy's . . .









. . . tattoo!!!! I am still in shock, actually. It was a very, very unexpected surprise. And, a very sweet thing for Jeremy to do. If you can't tell in the picture, the tattoo is on his wrist.

I am so thankful for him today and every day, for the wonderful and kind things he does for me and the girls.

I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.

(but don't expect to see any tattoos on me any time soon ;)

6 comments:

Shan Herren said...

i'm so glad you are having a fun birthday! i felt like you may have been a little down the last couple of times i've seen you so i'm so happy you got a day to focus on CHRISTA! love the new "do" and i may have to copy the virginia shoe style also - love the shoes! i also think everyone should have a "christa" tatoo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VEGAS! LOVE YA!

Virginia said...

I was just thinking a few minutes ago, "Aw man- I guess Sabriel and Christa won't get to share the same birthday!" Poopy! Sorry, dude... maybe next time! ;)

I love that we have the same shoes- we can be uber-cute together. Hee hee

I adore the new 'do- it looks super gorgeous!

You're right, Olivia was the best.

And the tattoo rocks.

Virginia said...

P.S. Tell Harper I loved getting a text message from her tonight! :) It made my evening.

Kim said...

That is a fantastic picture of you, I love your eyes!
Happy belated!

Michelle said...

I think everyone should have a christa tattoo too. Very glad you had a good Birthday. I'm sorry Virginia wouldn't have her baby though. Sometimes Virginia can be very stubborn.

Anonymous said...

I just saw this post. Xavier thinks the tatoo is cool! Happy Belated!!